Sat, 23 Sep 2023 06:59:17 GMT
Tax Specialist - Tax Planning Transfer Pricing
Dangote Group, Nigeria
Sep 14, 2023
Oct 14, 2023
The Tax Specialist is primarily responsible for developing and monitoring tax planning strategies for Corporate Headquarters and subsidiaries. S/he will also be responsible for ensuring transfer pricing and other related compliance obligations are fulfilled by Dangote Group entities and provide support to businesses across the group on business initiatives, contract review and structuring for tax efficiency.
- Ensure that within the Dangote Group’s corporate responsibilities, the contractual obligations and transactions are strategically planned for tax purposes.
- Conduct regular internal review of the Group’s Transfer Pricing Policy in accordance with the latest tax regulation developments.
- Provide oversight function on transfer pricing matters across the group and partner with multiple stakeholders to provide support on transfer pricing related issues.
- Coordinate the preparation of transfer pricing documentation to support intra-group transactions in compliance with local TP regulations across the respective businesses.
- Support business entities on transfer pricing audits and produce performance reports with action plans to achieve full compliance.
- Coordinate the preparation of Country-by-Country reporting to Federal Inland Revenue Service and overseas notifications.
- Conduct tax research and develop an understanding of international tax laws in relation to the Group’s operations.
- Coordinate tax advisory and planning for operational efficiency, transaction structuring, internal business restructuring and new business initiatives.
- Identify tax planning opportunities for operations within the applicable legislations and ensure there is a clear understanding of the strategies for their implementation.
- Identify tax and transfer pricing risks in contracts to be executed by operating companies and recommend necessary amendments to mitigate the risks.
- Participates in project planning for operating entities with a view to identifying and advising on the pertinent tax issues. Ensure that tax compliance processes are in place and updated for all taxes related to the businesses (both within and outside Nigeria).
- Provide technical support to entities on tax litigation and appeal cases.
- Keep the Business Units informed of changes in tax and regulatory legislation, and/or enactment of new legislation.
- Prepare the annual budget and regularly monitor monthly spending for the Tax department.
- Organize tax trainings and functional meetings for Group tax team
- 1st Degree in Accounting, Finance, Law, or other related area.
- A Postgraduate degree in Finance, Accounting or Taxation is an added advantage.
- Membership of Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (CITN) is a requirement.
- Membership of Tax Institute of any of the OHADA countries is an added advantage.
- Additional membership of at least one of the following professional bodies will be an added advantage: Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA)
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in Tax Practice with specialist skill in tax research and advisory and/or In-house Tax Planning amp; Transfer Pricing Management in a conglomerate.
Candidate should have:
- Knowledge of relevant tax policies, legislation, and regulations
- Strong understanding of all the taxation laws and administration practices as well as industry trends.
- Working knowledge of SAP will be an added advantage
- Financial and Illustrative Modelling skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Analytical Thinking amp; Conceptualisation
Information Technology and Services - Abuja, Nigeria