Elephant builds mobile, digital infrastructure for public health systems across the Global South. Founded in 2018 by doctors and driven by technical expertise, we are building a platform - ElephantOS - that improves outcomes, reduces costs and makes healthcare accessible for all. We currently have employees in Kenya, Nigeria, Pakistan and the UK. And we’re backed by leading VC firms including Novastar Ventures, General Catalyst, LocalGlobe, First Minute, SeedCamp, Push Ventures, Speed Invest and Manta Ray.
You can also check out our video showing our customer testimonials here
Our company has deep ethical roots, combining science with ambition and social purpose. Our culture is based on bias for action and collaboration; openness and candour; passion and kindness.
We are a small band of experts. This inspires our purpose as we focus on delivering solutions for real-world health problems. We are open, creative and collaborative, and we believe that products, whether used in Sudan or San Francisco, should be intuitive and beautiful.
If this is a mission and a company you can stand behind, keep reading!
Role overview: IT amp; Logistics Manager
We are looking for an innovative and ambitious IT amp; Logistics Manager to manage all hardware and software related operations to support our operations team in different States. This will require you to manage our warehouse in Abuja and build a pipeline of distributors/carriers to dispatch hardware across Nigeria. You will also manage key stakeholders like the telecommunication companies and other technology companies.
You will be working with a young and fast moving international team of high achievers and so need to be dynamic, flexible, passionate, and excellent.
As a IT amp; Logistics Manager you will:
- Develop best class operational processes and policies around device management and all IT related business for both internal staff and external stakeholders.
- Conduct inbound services, which includes receiving and processing hardware from suppliers into our warehouse.
- Manage, tag, and track all company assets.
- Proactively manage Inventory levels and project trackers through daily/weekly/monthly cycle counting maintaining inventory stock levels with variance SLA
- Deliver an exceptional performance at all operational territories including but not limited to shipping, distribution, inventory management and repairs
- Effectively manage relationships with key stakeholders to deliver great service at the best value to Elephant and our partners.
- Lead the operational relationships with our telecommunication partners and support procurement of new hardware and software;
- Provide performance,inventory and data reports on all hardwares.
- Coordinate delivery of assets for shipment, including picking, packaging, labeling and co-ordinating with couriers to ensure timely delivery ahead of time.
- Spend time across Elephant’s partner states to provide in-person troubleshooting support
- Provide Technical Support activities related to the Operations function.
- Providing leadership and direction to colleagues to ensure that goals, targets, and expectations are communicated clearly. Respond to all feedback and issues raised by colleagues in an appropriate and timely manner.
The role is based in Abuja, with a requirement for travel within the country.
Skills, attributes and experience
Our ideal colleague will have the following skills, attributes and experience:
- 5+ years experience working at a senior level in a top firm in enterprise technology, healthcare, telecommunication, or similar;
- A relevant technical degree from a globally recognised university;
- A hands-on management style, an entrepreneurial mindset, with sound judgment and first-rate problem-solving skills;
- A proactive approach to problem solving and a bias for action;
- Experience in supply chain and logistics in Nigeria; you have dealt with hardware vendors and service providers while managing warehouse inventory;
- Experience building, leading and growing exceptional multi-disciplinary teams;
- Experience with tracking and troubleshooting tablets and laptops;
- Fluent in English, with excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to explain complex topics to a non-technical audience and speak with candour and clarity;
- Strong and reflective decision-maker with an ability to balance attention to detail, with excellent problem-solving and critical analysis skills; and
- You are curious, collaborative, innovative and act with care and respect for others.
Competitive remuneration will be dependent on experience and demonstrable individual performance.
Our benefits include:
- Flexible working - we aim to provide all team members with flexibility regarding working hours. We expect the IT amp; Logistics Manager to spend time working in the field frequently and to spend time in the office with our Abuja-based staff weekly;
- Medical Insurance;
- 21 days holidays + public holidays; and
- Pension contribution.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Elephant is an equal opportunity employer and we are proud to create an environment where everyone can be their best. All qualified applicants will be considered regardless of their age, race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, genetics or disability. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind.