Our client, a Microfinance Bank situated in Ojodu, Lagos state is looking for a Chief Financial Officer with proven experience in finance modeling, capital raising and negotiation.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for planning and executing the organization’s financial strategy as well as institute strong risk management throughout the organization.
Successful candidates will be involved in long-term business planning, data analysis, budget control, revenue assurance, stress testing, and reporting on financial performance and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
Financial Planning and Strategy, Managing Profitability, Strategic Planning and forecasting, Corporate Finance, Developing Budgets, managing relationships with banks and negotiations, fundraising, and dealing with internal and external stakeholders.
• Responsible for the integrity of the General ledger.
• Implementing procedures according to Corporate policies and procedures.
• Full responsibility for the production of monthly management accounts.
• Review and approve all reconciliation and schedules such as bank statements, schedule of accrued charges, prepayments etc.
• Ensuring profitable margins on products are achieved and maintained.
• Demonstrating cost-cutting initiatives aiming at providing best solution at lower cost.
• Developing and implementing effective controls framework and management systems to guide and support business operations
• Liaising with both external and internal auditors.
• Planning and managing the material ordering process and ensure constant availability.
• Ensuring monthly general ledger entries CAPEX and OPEX accruals and provisions are raised.
• Preparing Monthly Management accounts for both internal and regulatory usage.
• Develop analytical tools to evaluate business proposals and identify the best decisions.
• Involvement in day-to-day management team management.
• Statutory reporting and year-end duties.
• Consolidation and reporting to senior management.
• Preparation of monthly budgetary control and performance.
• Preparation of the overall annual budget of the bank, including the assumptions and the ratios.
• Treasury management and monitoring.
• Producing multi-dimensional reports for Management decision.
• Ensuring that all costs are properly tracked and that OPEX and CAPEX are within budget.
• Preparing and implementing budgets for the entire Company.
Qualification and Requirements
• Minimum of B.Sc in Accounting/Finance/Economics
• Financial services experience is compulsory
• Excellent working knowledge of MS Excel amp; Word;
• Good knowledge of IFRS and Management Accounting
• Good knowledge of CBN regulatory reporting
• Masters degree will be an added advantage
• Qualified Accountant (ACCA, ICAN)
• Minimum of 8 Years relevant professional experience in a similar role.
Salary: Competitive Job Location: Ojodu, Lagos state
Please note: This position is based in Lagos state and interviews will be conducted in Lagos.