No. of positions: 30
Reports To: Community Based Case Worker
Duty Station: 15 in Borno and 15 in Adamawa
Contract Term: 1-year fixed term with possibility of extension
Working Hours: Task specific
The Psychosocial Support Facilitator will have the knowledge and practical skills to carry out psychosocial support activities with vulnerable adolescent girls amp; boys and caregivers.
The PSS facilitator will implement the activities in a manner that leaves a considerable positive impact on the targeted beneficiaries and promotes their well-being.
- Provide inclusive age- and gender-appropriate focused psychosocial support (PSS) to vulnerable adolescent girls and boys.
- Provide parenting skills sessions to targeted parents and caregivers.
- Provide age- and gender-appropriate awareness-raising key messages on critical SGBV and CP risks, available services, and gender equality amp; inclusion, provided to vulnerable adolescent girls and boys.
- Full coordination with senior management to ensure proper implementation of the project.
- Plan, organize, and run activities with adolescents while facilitating and encourage their participation.
- Ensure activities run promptly to ensure the successful implementation of the project.
- Ensure that all beneficiaries are involved in the activities being implemented.
- Deal with difficult behaviors (conflict, aggressiveness, introversion) and understand the reason behind the behavior to positively communicate with the situation.
- Ensure that the adolescents under her/his responsibility are not exposed to any form of harm or stress during the activities.
- Collect data on the activities organized and ensure that all the relevant forms are duly filled.
- Identify key protection issues or threats affecting children and adolescents and raise them to the senior case manager.
- Refer child protection and GBV cases to the case worker(s) of the project.
- Ensure all project means such as attendance sheets and evaluation documents are in filled in neatly and clearly and are always done promptly.
- Report back to senior staff if requested promptly.
- He / She shall also undertake any other role or responsibility assigned by the line manager.
- He / She as an Animator will work closely with caseworkers and report directly to the reintegration officer.