AZA Finance is an established provider of currency trading and cross-border payment solutions which accelerate global access to frontier markets through an innovative infrastructure. By leveraging cutting edge technology in our flagship products, AZA Finance can significantly lower the cost and increase the speed of business payments to, from and across frontier markets.
Our API product provides both wholesale currency purchase and retail settlement via our robust API while our Web-Based platform is our B2B over-the-counter product that caters to businesses with wholesale currency needs, especially those paying partners and suppliers.
Our partners utilize our hybrid financial infrastructure and deep local knowledge to manage liquidity and send payments to dozens of bank networks, mobile money operators and payments aggregators across Africa. Licensed by the UK’s FCA and the Bank of Spain, AZA Finance is a market-maker in every major African currency. AZA Finance was founded in 2013 and now has offices in Nairobi, Lagos, London, Luxembourg, Madrid, Kampala and Dakar.
As the Junior AML Investigation Analyst , you will play a crucial role in supporting the compliance and reporting team and ensuring adherence to regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college/university
- At least one year experience in the compliance field, regulatory, risk management, and/or compliance auditing and monitoring is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Excellent knowledge of business ethics, integrity codes, and the Corporate Guidelines for Business Partners
- Strong analytical, organisational and time management skills
- Detail-oriented and process-driven mindset
- Excellent level of interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with others and liaise between internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to work collaboratively across different business units on a global scale.
- Proficiency in English
- Excellent organisational, planning and follow-up skills and the ability to meet critical
- deadlines quickly and reliably
- Excellent attention to detail, analytical ability and creative problem-solving skills
- Strong oral, written and presentation communication skills
- Driving the implementation and execution of our compliance processes for the selection, onboarding and monitoring of our third parties, in line with the group-wide policies and procedures and relevant legal requirements (4MLD, PSD2, etc.)
- Applying risk assessment procedures to appropriately identify and manage AML risks.
- Suggesting and implementing - in close cooperation with the senior compliance management officer adequate mitigation measures to reduce the AZA’s AML risk exposure
- Performing meticulous anti-money laundering (AML) and know-your-customer (KYC) checks
- Assisting in the preparation of compliance reports and filings, ensuring accuracy and timeliness
- Collaborating on other aspects of compliance, such as fraud prevention, fraud investigation and ensure that fraud risks are effectively managed.
- Maintaining records and a complete and up-to-date documentation
- Creating and tracking metrics on due diligence activities to achieve accountability and to ensure that all compliance policies, procedures and tools are effectively communicated and strictly followed.
- Great career development opportunities in a fast growing Fin-tech Company
- Ownership: All team members are empowered to bring ideas and make a difference in a dynamic and casual work environment
- A competitive salary at every stage of your growth
- Workplace pension contribution
- 24 days statutory paid annual leave in addition to local public holidays, plus an extra day for birthdays. Including 4 days for Christmas/New Year break
- Company funded private medical insurance: dental, medical, and optical services coverage based on your jurisdiction
- 2x - 3x Group life insurance depending on your jurisdiction
- Performance bonus / equity incentives plan
- Growth: Access to a personal growth budget (Permanent/FTEs Only)
- Mentorship amp; buddy program
- Complimentary breakfast, snacks amp; drinks
- Team building and happy hours events
- Employee mental health support
- A One-time work from home allowance
- Employee referral program
AZA Finance is an equal opportunity employer and will consider every qualified applicant for employment. AZA Finance does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability.