Position: Research Supervisor
Contract: 2-year renewable contract
- Assist in managing the crossing of the breeding program on regular basis using the University of Queensland (UQ) costing tool.
- Assist the soybean breeding program in designing trials using the database seawares, such as BMS and EBS.
- Assist in managing day-to-day operations of on-station off-station, and on-farm soybean breeding field trials, including collection of pre-harvest and post-harvest data.
- Assist in supervising the soybean crossing and other pot experiments and progeny population advancement activities in the screen house.
- Assist in growing and manage the breeding lines selected by the breeder from the advanced progeny populations.
- Work closely with the breeder in the field evaluation and selection of superior genotypes.
- Supervise the preparation and labelling of seeds for research partners and farmers.
- Supervise harvesting and collect data on yield and yield-related traits of the fields trials.
- Assist in managing germplasm in seed storage and update seed inventory on Breeding Database (BMS).
- Prepare, curate and upload data on the Breeding Management Database (BMS).
- Coordinate other technicians in the Unit for effectiveness in the field operations.
- Perform any other job-related tasks as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
BSC/HND in Agriculture, Plant Breeding or any other related field with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience performing a similar role in a well-structured environment.
The ideal candidate must:
- Be experienced in the use of statistical, UQ costing tool and database software.
- Be experienced in data analysis and interpretation.
We offer highly competitive salaries with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.