Kuda is a money app for Africans on a mission to make financial services accessible, affordable and rewarding for every African on the planet.
We’re a tribe of passionate and diverse people who dreamed of building an inclusive money app that Africans would love so it’s only right that we ended up with the name ‘Kuda’ which means ‘love’ in Shona, a language spoken in the southern part of Africa.
We’re giving Africans around the world a better alternative to traditional finance by delivering money transfers, smart budgeting and instant access to credit through digital devices.
We’ve raised over $90 million from some of the world's most respected institutional investors, and we’re rolling out our game-changing services globally from our offices in Nigeria, South Africa, and the UK.
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to lead the development and growth of Nerve, Kuda's in-house Core Banking Application.
The ideal candidate should be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and passionate about building products that solve real consumer needs.
As the Senior Technical Product Manager for Nerve, you will be responsible for leading the development of Kuda's core banking platform in Nigeria, including technical upgrades, enhancements, and updates. You will collaborate with engineers, designers, data analysts, and other stakeholders to deliver high-quality solutions to Kuda's customers.
- Drive prioritization of features, balancing the requirements of stakeholders and providing trade-off recommendations when needed.
- Engage and coordinate with stakeholders across the organization (Compliance, Risk, Operations, etc.) to ensure all relevant technical requirements are captured and considered as part of the development cycle.
- Lead discovery process of technical features/solutions.
- Oversee end-to-end delivery of technical solutions, manage dependencies, raise risks and issues in a timely manner, and communicate development schedules to business stakeholders.
- Manage the backlog plan and groom user stories with scrum teams, ensuring to follow proper definitions (Ready, Done, etc.) and detailed acceptance criteria.
- Support testing and deployment of technical solutions through the different stages.
- Create technical product-related documentation with the technical documentation team.
- Develop and maintain appropriate tracking and reporting of product performance post-launch to evaluate future enhancements and investments.
- Consult business stakeholders to identify and drive opportunities with partners / vendors / customers.
- Be the Functional and Technical SME on the Nerve system.
- Drive the requirements for Nerve upgrades, migrations, enhancements and updates, working in partnership with all other areas in different domains such as payments, statements, lending, engineering, etc.
- Ensure that the Never product and technical decisions are aligned with Kuda's strategic goals and regulatory requirements.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or a closely related field (or foreign equivalent).
- 5+ years of experience in technical product management and engineering.
- Experience with one or more retail banking cores and payments systems such as Finacle, Temenos, Flexcube, BankOne, Jack Henry, Finastra, etc is advantageous.
- Experience working within a FinTech as a Technical Product Manager.
- Experience working with cloud-based 3rd Party service providers.
- Experience with record-keeping systems, and personal financial management preferred.
- Proficient with agile/scrum, continuous integration, automated configuration management, test-driven development, and data center/cloud automation.
Why join Kuda?
At Kuda, our people are the heart of our business, so we prioritize your welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including but not limited to:
- Competitive annual leave plus bank holidays
- Group life insurance
- Health insurance
- Lamp;D training
- We are advocates of work-life balance and offer a 3 day per week remote working option
Kuda is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and anyone seeking employment at Kuda is considered based on merit, qualifications, competence and talent.
We don’t regard colour, religion, race, national origin, sexual orientation, ancestry, citizenship, sex, marital or family status, disability, gender, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.