Our Client is a leading organisation that promotes inclusive finance in Nigeria. It is looking to recruit a Policy Advocacy and Stakeholder Engagement Manager who will report directly to the Advocacy and Communications Lead, alongside a dotted reporting line to the General Manager, while also working closely with other team members in carrying out other responsibilities.
i. Work closely with other teams to produce outputs such as policy briefs, whitepapers, insights, and bulletins resulting from policy research, policy roundtables, and stakeholder engagements.
ii. Plan and execute policy roundtables to validate the company's research findings necessary for informing the development of inclusive policies for the advancement of an inclusive digital economy in Nigeria.
iii. Conduct comprehensive research on policy development, implementation, and evaluation in the context of the digital economy.
iv. Manage the development and implementation process of a proactive, propositional policy and advocacy strategy for the organization.
v. identify suitable and potential issues-based network partners, network partner recruitment, management, engagement, and experience.
vi. Manage day-to-day stakeholder engagement and follow-up to drive synergies and efficiency within the ecosystem.
· Coordinate the organisation’s relationship strategy with relevant stakeholders and partners and address any underlying issues.
· Engage network members and maintain communication and engagement around the campaign issue.
· Develop a stakeholder bank that houses a list of all relevant stakeholders, including their contact details and preferred means of engagement.
· Act as the point of contact for complaints and escalate issues as appropriate.
· Attend key stakeholder meetings and events to provide support.
· Coordinate the processes for wider government and ecosystem stakeholder relationships.
· Manage stakeholder identification and mapping and develop stakeholder engagement strategies.
· Support strategic relationships among relevant networks, decision makers, experts, allies, partners, and other stakeholders.
· Co-ordinate the organization’s stakeholder engagement strategy
· Prepare communications to stakeholders and respond to stakeholder enquiries.
· Prepare and manage workshops, roundtable and event logistics including developing agendas, project plans, minutes taking and production of reports.
Policy Advocacy amp; Communications
· Identify gaps in extant financial inclusion policies critical to advocacy for policy revisions or new policy initiatives critical to promoting inclusive digital finance and financial inclusion in Nigeria.
· Drive financial policy awareness and advocacy by facilitating regular policy engagements that help validate and provide stakeholder feedback on the organization’s policy effort.
· Build relationships with government agencies, industry associations, and other relevant organizations to drive advocacy for inclusive digital finance and financial inclusion in Nigeria.
· Establish coherent plans and activities to achieve the objectives, in coordination with the Programmes amp; Research teams.
· Deliver clear advocacy strategies to influence decision-makers, the media, wider civil society and policy makers.
· Identify external opportunities for partners to support advocacy campaigns.
· Develop collaterals (engagement briefings, presentations amp; speeches) for partners for external advocacy opportunities.
· Work with the Programmes amp; Research Teams to identify key advocacy opportunities and co-ordinate activities to maximise positive impact.
· Coordinate external messaging on policy and advocacy to ensure consistency in our communications and to maximise reach and impact.
· Develop press releases, media statements and reactive quotes, signing off content as appropriate.
· Prepare information resources and briefing material on key policy issues e.g., reports and briefings for decision-makers, materials for website and other digital platforms, briefing documents for Senior Leaders.
· A strong networker and collaborator
· Good understanding of campaigning, use of narratives and communications.
· Able to collaborate effectively and contribute to areas that are outside expertise.
· Strategic, analytical and creative thinking skills
· Relationship management
· Problem-solving aptitude
· Teamwork and leadership skills
· Strong organizational and analytical skills
· Ability to understand, analyse and develop recommendations in complex areas.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent IT skills and ability to produce high quality briefings, data and presentation materials.
BSc/BA in Business Administration, Public Relations, Marketing, Sociology, Political Science, Law, or a related field
· 7+ years of proven experience managing engagement with high profile personalities and key stakeholders at a local and national level
· Minimum of three years’ experience of working in policy, advocacy, and/or research in a multicultural environment; previous experience in policy analysis and development is essential.
· Excellent political insight and judgement with working good understanding of the Nigerian policy processes and the opportunities these present for influencing.
· Experience of design and execution of advocacy strategies and projects
· Skilled and strategic advocate and a confident communicator who can engage persuasively with a variety of audiences.
· Knowledge policy-making and decision-making processes in Nigeria and other multilateral bodies as is relevant.