Our client, a leader in the Information Technology and Services Industry is seeking to fill the position of Finance Manager.
The Finance Manager will be responsible for supervising, planning, and coordinating the activities of a variety of finance and accounting services for the organisation. This includes general accounting/bookkeeping, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, fixed assets management and budgeting.
- Ensure accuracy of the organisation’s financial records and compliance with best practice financial management principles and regulatory requirements.
- Drive the implementation of approved finance policies at the organisation.
- Leads the organisations planning and reporting; financial analysis and forecasting; cost and revenue management; and fixed asset accounting.
- Drive and oversee the budgeting process and ensure inputs from all functions/units within the organisation are in compliance with stated guidelines and that exceptions are escalated appropriately.
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of periodic management reports at the organisation to aid management decision-making.
- Ensure ongoing review, update, and documentation of monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial forecasts, and ratio analysis.
- Ensure collaboration/interface with other departments within the organisation on financial assessment of projects, business models and business plans.
- Oversee the preparation of financial reports, ensuring compliance with the company’s accounting policies and FIRS.
- Ensure effective utilization of organisations financial resources to achieve cost efficiency.
- Proactively identify risks, define, and implement strategies to prevent revenue leakage.
- Supervise the upkeep and management of company fixed assets and stock inventory.
- Ensure that the company’s policies with respect to accounting for fixed assets are adhered to at all times.
- Ensures the organisation complies with all applicable tax laws and statutory requirements.
- Manage and maintain relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders including local and international tax authorities, tax consultants, etc.
- Provide overall guidance, leadership support and strategic direction to the Finance Team within the organisation in the execution of the department’s functions and activities.
- Build a competent Finance Team facilitating knowledge transfer, providing capacity building, setting development plans, and motivating and coaching to improve overall performance.
- Prepare and submit periodic activity/management reports to the management team on the activities of the department.
Skills and Competencies
- IFRS accounting
- Budgeting amp; financial controls
- Financial modelling /analysis
- Financial amp; management reporting
- Treasury amp; tax management
- Cost Analysis/management
- Leadership amp; people management
- Relationship management
- Problem-solving, numerical amp; analytical thinking
- Communication (Written, Verbal)
- Attention to detail
- Investment planning /appraisal
- Corporate finance
- Knowledge of applicable accounting software Industry amp; business knowledge
Education/ Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in in numerate or semi-numerate disciplines such as: Accounting, Finance, or any related discipline
- MBA or a Masters’ in related discipline is required
- Relevant professional certifications e.g. Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), Association of Certified and Chartered Accountants (ACCA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or its equivalent is required
- Minimum of ten (10) years working experience with at least 3 years in a Senior Management position
- Deep and broad knowledge and understanding of IFRS conversion/Accounting