Our client, a leader in the Information Technology and Services Industry is seeking to fill the position of Senior Software Developer.
The Senior Software Developer will develop high quality reusable software component, for business-to-business integration, using international best practices and new best-in-class technologies, concepts and philosophy to design, code, test, analyse and manage software programs and applications that drive the company’s strategy, product owners and third-party business.
Strategy amp; Planning
- Assists other software developers, analysts, and designers in conceptualising and developing new software programs and applications.
- Plans phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) for a variety of projects.
- Prepares amp; documents software requirements and specifications.
- Performs research on the requirements of software users and documents findings to serve.
- Works closely with the Team Leader, Business Analyst and Product Owner for understanding the functional and system requirements.
- Supervises the activities of the Software Developers.
Acquisition amp; Deployment
- Conducts research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Recommends, schedule, and performs software improvements and upgrades.
- Consistently writes, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications and standards.
- Works closely with the QA team, Product Management team, and the Research and Development manager to ensure quality and timely software development within his/her responsibilities.
- Runs and monitors software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Administers critical analysis of test results and delivers solutions to problem areas.
- Generates statistics, prepare and write reports for management and/or team members on the status of the programming process.
- Periodically develops enhancements for existing systems.
- Ensures robust and sustainable enterprise social collaboration architecture for software development by monitoring matrices of the SOA, and fixing complaints/bugs logged by customers.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of user manuals and guidelines for ease of use by the client/customers.
- Installs software products for end users as required.
- Creates and manages Application Programming Interface (API).
- Writes programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or appearance of company Web site and/or related Web applications as necessary.
- Removes code script from company Web site and/or related Web applications as necessary.
- Liaises with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
- Manages and/or provides guidance to junior software developers and research assistants.
Education/ Professional Certification/ Experience Requirements
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree / HND in Computer/System/ Electrical/ Electronic Engineering/ Applied physics/ Computer Science or a related discipline.
- A Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- Relevant certifications such as ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library), CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional), MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional) or CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Administrator) MCTS (Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist), OCA (Oracle Certified Associate), OCP (Oracle Certified Professional), OSCA (Oracle Solaris Certified Associate), OSCP (Oracle Solaris Certified professional).
- Minimum of Eight (8) years’ experience in a software development function or role.