Our client, a leader in the Information Technology and Services Industry is seeking to fill the position of Head, Risk Management amp; Compliance.
The Head, Risk Management amp; Compliance will ensure that the organization conducts its business processes in compliance with laws and regulations, professional standards, international standards, and accepted business practices. He/She will perform audits at regular intervals and execute design control systems, advising the management on possible risks that might occur, and organization policies. Also, uphold the ethical integrity of the organization and ensure that business activities are conducted using a regulatory framework.
- Oversee and lead in the implementation of an Enterprise Risk Management Framework for the company and Affiliates and ensures risk identification, assessment, processes and tools are effective, comprehensive and consistently applied in the company and Affiliates.
- Provides risk advisory and mitigation strategies in new products or new business ventures.
- Develops and review risk management policies and governance and guides the business teams in their application.
- Implements a set of risk reports, systems and monitoring mechanism, including losses and incidents and key risk and control indicators.
- On-boarding of new Third-Party Acquirer’s (TPA) and monitoring of the TPA’s performance periodically.
- Champions and cultivates an organization-wide risk culture and accountability through training and awareness programs.
- Oversees and leads in the implementation of a Compliance Framework for the company and Affiliates.
- Provides guidance on proper application and interpretation of laws, regulations, and policies applicable to the business and participants to the company and Affiliates’ services.
- Coordinates business and regulatory specific compliance reviews, routine checks, and approvals.
- Implements a monitoring and reporting mechanism to check the company and Affiliates own compliance as well as client compliance with prescribed regulations, rules, and standards.
- Develops and cultivates an effective compliance culture in the company and Affiliates and amongst the participants to the company and Affiliates services.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong strategic, conceptual, and analytical thinking skills
- Good interpersonal, presentation, written and communication skills
- Able to work independently under minimum supervision
- Industry amp; business knowledge
- Leadership amp; people management
- Relationship management
- Communication (Written, Verbal)
- Attention to detail
Education/ Experience Requirements
- Degree/Postgraduate/Professional qualification in Law, Risk Management, Accounting, Banking or Economics or Information Technology or other relevant qualifications.
- Relevant professional certifications e.g., Institute of Risk Management - IRM Training amp; Qualifications.
- More than 15 years relevant experience in risk management and compliance/audit or IT related environment.
- Good knowledge of risk management practices and relevant regulations applicable to the company and Affiliates.