Our client, a leader in the Information Technology and Services Industry is seeking to fill the position of Lead, Solution Support and Service Desk.
The primary aim of the service desk is to provide a single point of contact between services provided by ICT and the users. The service desk manages incidents and service requests, handles communication with the end users. The service desk administrator and application support staff responsible for the promoting the efficient use of applications within the company. He/She is to manage a repository of deployed applications and IT knowledge base. Application/ helpdesk support is to follow standard helpdesk and Incident Management frameworks according to Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) standard.
- Define and improve the department’s SLA and handle time on issues resolution.
- Service monitoring and rectification for automated products.
- Record, categorize and document all incidents and their resolution steps.
- Build and grow an effective knowledge base for incidents.
- Carry out day to day operations of ICT processes including report rendition.
- Work directly with all internal teams to constantly reconcile data.
- Ensure the silent running of ICT services.
- Manage productivity coaching to improve use of solutions and services.
- Analyse current technologies used within the company and determine ways to improve.
- Document and monitor requirements needed to institute proposed updates.
- Work closely with Information Technology professionals within the company to ensure hardware is available for projects and working properly.
- Propose and establish framework for necessary contributions from various departments.
- Account for possible project challenges on constraints including, risks, time, resources, and scope.
- Work closely with project management teams to successfully monitor progress of initiatives.
- Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions.
- Define clear goals for all aspects of a project and manage their proper execution Vendor SLA Management.
- Manage the processing of incoming calls to the Help Desk via both telephone and e-mail to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end user issues.
- Design and enforce request handling and escalation policies and procedures.
- Coordinate and/or perform applications deployments and management of application production servers.
- Monitor and test fixes to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Track and analyse trends in Help Desk requests and generate statistical reports.
- Identify, recommend, develop, and implement end user training programs to increase computer literacy and self-sufficiency.
- Installation and implementation of service packs and hot fixes as needed.
- Responsible for the creation of technical documentation for all customisations.
Competence and Knowledge
- Ability to use Microsoft Office products like Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end users.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Knowledge of the Internet, networking, and PC operating systems.
- Knowledge of relational database concepts and technology.
- Demonstrated progressive experience in the supervision of a technical support team.
- Solid relationship management and performance management skills.
- Ability to motivate and direct staff members and subordinates.
- Strong understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
Education/ Professional Certofication/ Experience Requirements
- A university degree, preferably in Computer Science, Engineering, or other numerate disciplines.
- A certification in ITIL, Project Management or Process modelling is an advantage.
- Working knowledge of Applications, Processes, Web Technologies, and report writing is a plus.
- Knowledge of any of technology development stacks (NET, Java. Python).
- Up to 4 years IT Software application experience.