Position: Proposal Development Assistant
Duration: 6 months’ renewable
- Conduct daily search to analyze and identify funding opportunities aligned with the IITA strategy.
- Assist in providing guidance to scientists in navigating the proposal automated system.
- Assist scientists and proposal teams in completing the proposal summary form.
- Assist with generating comprehensive weekly, monthly and quarterly reports on call searches and publications.
- Support scientists in developing proposal budgets.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with standard internal and donor guidelines during the proposal development phase.
- Assist with completing relevant administrative information as specified in call guidelines.
- Assist in retrieving relevant proposal/project-related information on the project database.
- Assist in maintaining the unit’s intranet platform including uploading/updating relevant policy documents, workflow, templates, checklists, manuals and related documentation.
- Support the creation and updating of content related to the unit’s activities on social media platforms.
- Assist other team members to develop training modules, provide guidance and effectively deliver them to IITA colleagues and partners.
- Perform any other job-related task as may be assigned by the Supervisors.
BSc/HND in Agriculture, Science or related courses with a minimum of three (3) years’ experience performing similar role in a well-structured environment.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skill.
- Be proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Be familiar with donor guidelines, grants and proposal development process.
- Possess strong organizational skills.
- Have the ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.